Welcome to the Sound of Silence…
The Sound of Silence is a little slice of heaven located in Frisco on the Outer Banks of NC. Nestled on Pamlico Sound in the quiet community of Brigands Bay, it combines the best water views from every window, direct access for fishing, boating, kite boarding, wind surfing, paddle boarding, crabbing as well as striking sunsets.
- Frisco, North Carolina
- Brigand’s Bay
- On Pamlico Sound
- Reverse floor plan
- First floor: Four bedrooms (three queen bedrooms, one with two single beds), two full bathrooms. Both of the bedrooms that face the sound have sliding glass door to the deck, which hold a six-person hot tub and porch swing. A sitting/reading room flat panel TV and spiral staircase to the second floor complete the first floor.
- Each bedroom has it’s own TV.
- The covered side deck connects with the first floor sound side deck.
- Second floor: Living room, dining room, full bath and fully equipped kitchen leads to the front deck. Sliding glass doors off the Living and Dining Room to the sound side deck. The large recreation room holds a wide screen TV as well as a desk for your laptop and wireless Internet access. An air hockey or foosball table will be added for the 2007 season.
- Outside: Patio, picnic table, park grill, lockable windsurf racks, fish cleaning table, outside shower & under house parking
- Stereo/AM/FA/CD/tape player
- VCR with large tape library
- DVD player with large library of DVD’s
- Large book library
- Games for all ages
- Six person hot tub
Things to do:
- Windsurf, kite board, SUP or kayak from the dock
- Fish & crab from the bulkhead
- Miniature golf course (5 minute drive)
- Horseback ride
- Walk/shell at the ocean swim and build sand castles (5 minute drive / the beaches are not lifeguarded)
- Visit and climb Cape Hatteras Lighthouse
- Visit Billy Mitchell airfield
- Take the Ocracoke Island ferry (free) to Ocracoke Island and explore where the famous pirate, Black Beard, lived
- Have dinner at one of Hatteras Island’s fine restaurants
- Star gaze through the telescope or while sitting in the hot tub
- Watch the birds fish from the deck while you enjoy your morning coffee (binoculars included).
- Bike ride – bring your own or rent one on the island
- Drive back up to Kitty Hawk ad visit the Wright Brother’s Memorial (2003 was the 100th year celebration)
- Enjoy the sunsets
Things to bring:
- Windbreakers and sweatshirts for spring and fall
- Towels (including beach towels for the beach and the hot tub)
- Personal toiletries
- Bathing suits
- Food for the first morning’s breakfast (Connor’s Food market is close by so you can purchase most everything you need once you get settled. A Food Lion is in Avon and there are several fish markets in the area.)
- Your own laptop – we provide the wireless internet and desk
Things to leave at home:
- Fireworks! They are illegal on all of Hatteras Island & strictly enforced!
- Your pets. Our cottage is a non-pet cottage. As much as we love animals, we have chosen to keep our cottage a non-pet cottage. There are many pet welcoming cottages on the island that would be happy to have you and your pets
To reserve your week or weeks please go to the Outer Beaches Realty website at: www.outerbeaches.com, or call toll free 888/627-3760. The Sound of Silence is Cottage #99.